Apr 1, 2010

Welcome to Bed Time Movies

We'll send them cheesy movies, the worst we can find."
— Mystery Science Theater 3000

A few nights ago, I was at the intersection of what can only be described as providence: A case of insomnia, no cable TV, and a strange array of free titles with which to download instantly onto my Mac via Netflix.

I began to Twitter whatever thoughts I was having about whichever film I was watching – generally the cheesier the better – and it became a game to see how far I could get into the movie and how much I could Tweet before falling asleep, and how much would make sense the following day.

So if you like strange observational humor and movies featuring Kevin Costner/Kevin Sorbo, truck-driving orangutans, and the apocalypse, you're likely disturbed. If so, you've come to the right place. Follow live commentary on my Twitter page, and check back here to view the carnage, which will likely be displayed in the following format:

Movie:
"Every Which Way But Loose" 1978; James Fargo, dir.

Staring:
Clint Eastwood, for some reason an orangutan.

Nodded off/Nyquil kicked in around:
About 35 minutes into the film. I vaguely remember there being trucks, a lot of '70s country western, and very large lapels. Also, there were some fist fights. Never did get around to figuring out why Clint had a monkey.

Observation/Life Lesson:
Don't call Clint a squirrel. He'll kick your ass.

So there you have it. Welcome to Bed Time Movies.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment