Apr 1, 2010

What is God?

My personal favorite B-movie actor has found God, and is now spreadin' the faith to the kids. And I say it's not a moment too soon for Stephen Baldwin to impart his own moral brand of skater dude-meets-William Kristol upon America's youth.

It's a fascinating story and I urge you to read it in its entirety here. My favorite expcerpt: "I'm a Celebrity – Get Me Out of Here! (he came in fifth) … turned him temporarily into a parasitic host. After getting bitten by 185 bugs in one day, another bug laid eggs in the pus of one of the bites. When he returned home, he was pregnant … with thousands of baby bugs."

I do have one qualm over Slate's story on Mr. Baldwin – the title is erroneous: "He's No Alec Baldwin – Why Stephen Baldwin has given up Hollywood for religion." Baldwin has not given up his acting career, and Slate's copy editor ought to be paddled for this oversight. Who could forget Baldwin saving the entire planet earth from giant moon chunks in "Earthstorm" (co-staring Dirk "Face Man" Benedict)? Or about his turn in "Shark in Venice," in which Baldwin had to battle a giant killer shark … in Venice?

Having seen both these films, I can assure you, there's more Stephen Baldwin in Hollywood than you can shake a tea bag at.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment